Fox News personalities flooded Twitter Monday with prayer requests for their colleague, Benjamin Hall, who was identified as the reporter who was injured in Ukraine.
“America Reports” anchor John Roberts announced the news early Monday afternoon, promising to provide updates as soon as they were available.
As The Daily Wire reported:
“We’ve got a Fox News alert to pass along to you and this is news that we hate to pass along to you, but it’s obviously what happens sometimes in the middle of a conflict, a Fox News journalist has been injured while news gathering outside of Kyiv,” Roberts said. “Very few details, but teams on the ground are working as hard as they can to try to gather more information.”
“A reminder, of course, that this is in a war zone,” Roberts continued. “That information changes very quickly and we are working as hard as possible to get the best information that we possibly can and get all of the details on what has happened. The safety of our Fox team, of course, is of the utmost importance and our highest priority. More on this as we get it and again just to repeat a Fox journalist has been injured while news gathering outside of Kyiv.”
— johnny dollar (@johnnydollar01) March 14, 2022
Once Hall was identified as the reporter who had been injured, his colleagues at Fox News immediately took to Twitter to wish him a safe and speedy recovery.
- Shannon Bream: “Praying fervently for @BenjaminHallFNC and all our co-workers in harm’s way. Please join me.”
- Janice Dean: “We love you @BenjaminHallFNC.”
- Julie Banderas: “Please join us in prayers for our friend and colleague @BenjaminHallFNC @FoxNews who was injured while bravely covering the war in Ukraine. We love you Ben!”
— Julie Banderas (@JulieBanderas) March 14, 2022
- Bill Melugin: “Please say a few prayers for our @FoxNews colleague @BenjaminHallFNC, who was injured today while news gathering outside of Kyiv. He is hospitalized right now, and we have no further details at the moment.”
- John Roberts: “Prayers going out to @BenjaminHallFNC, who was injured covering the war in Ukraine earlier today. Prayers for his family too. Benji is an incredible correspondent and an absolutely lovely person.”
- Bret Baier: “Prayers up for @BenjaminHallFNC wounded reporting on the war in Ukraine – covering a war is dangerous business- please keep all of the crews on the ground – and the people there in your prayers – but today – especially Ben @FoxNews.”
- Harris Faulkner: “Prayers for my friend and colleague @BenjaminHallFNC Ben is a brave journalist now injured in #PutinsWar Very fee details: He’s hospitalized in Ukraine. Sending strength and love to his beautiful wife and their little girls. #PutinsWarCrimes @FaulknerFocus #Benjaminhall”
The internal memo from Suzanne Scott to Fox News employees was posted by The Daily Beast’s Diana Falzone.
— dianafalzone (@dianafalzone) March 14, 2022
Another reporter, former New York Times contributor Brent Renaud, was killed when Russian occupation forces fired on the vehicle he was in just outside Ukraine’s capital city of Kyiv on Sunday.
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.