Press "Enter" to skip to content

Amy Schumer Suggests That Disgraced Superstar Comedians Shouldn’t ‘Be Allowed To Come Back’

Superstar comedian Amy Schumer suggested that disgraced comedians from the #MeToo era shouldn’t “be allowed to come back.”

“It’s all been really sad and disappointing,” the 40-year-old comedian shared, reported the Hollywood Reporter in a piece published Wednesday.

“And I don’t think that the coercion and the taking advantage and the masturbating in front of people is cool, and I don’t think that those guys should be allowed to come back,” she added, without naming specific people she thought shouldn’t be allowed back on stage.

In 2017, disgraced comedian Louis C.K. admitted that the sexual misconduct claims against him were true, reported TMZ at the time.

“These stories are true,” the comedian shared in a statement. “At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my d*** without asking first, which is also true.”

“But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your d*** isn’t a question,” he added. “It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.”

In 2020, Schumer got very involved in trying to help women who said they had been abused when she sent a message on Twitter warning men that women were together now following the #MeToo movement.

“There are great men out there,” Schumer shared with her millions of followers on Instagram and Twitter at the time. “And there are men who humiliate and abuse women and girls because of a power dynamic or, because when they were that age, girls wouldn’t talk to them.”

“We are watching you and we are all together now,” she added.

Her post included a phone number to an app that allows anyone to send her texts and soon she said her inbox was filled with #MeToo stories.

She said she tried to get other famous women to help her create some kind of help line for these people but that it never panned out. Schumer said her next step was to gather together the alleged victims into groups and pass their names along to lawyers, counselors and the press.

At one point in the interview, the “Trainwreck” star also talked about being picked as one of the hosts for the 2022 Oscars with Wanda Sykes and Regina Hall and how she planned to take a “couple risks.”

While Schumer is known for her raunchy “p**** jokes” as she characterizes them, she said she’ll be taking “a couple risks” at the annual awards show on Sunday March 27. However, she said it’s a work in progress.

“I emailed my lawyer about two jokes the other day, and he was like, ‘No!’” the superstar comedian said.

The Daily Wire’s first original film, Shut In, has made its cinematic debut, being met with rave reviews. The Daily Wire is building an alternative to the leftist entertainment industry, one gripping movie at a time. Join us in this mission and stream Shut In today by becoming a Daily Wire member.

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published.