Pat Sajak, host of “Wheel of Fortune,” jokingly walked off the show this week after the show continued a historic grand prize bonus winning streak this week.
“For the third day in a row, the contestant who made it to the game show’s bonus round managed to not only solve the puzzle but earn the top prize of $100,000, something that has never been done in the show’s nearly 40-year history,” Fox News reported. “Not only has the grand prize payout not been given out more than once in a single week, but this latest streak also happened on back-to-back days.”
Sajak jokingly told the contestant that won on Wednesday night, “After the last few nights we had to send out for an emergency shipping from ‘Confetti R Us’ in order to fill [inaudible]. So we’re back, we’re reloaded, that how many $100,000 is back out there…”
“I’m out of here,” Sajak jokingly said after the contestant won. “I’m out here. That’s it, I’m through.”
“I’m running out of words to describe my reaction, stunned, surprised, I don’t know, it’s all inadequate,” Sajak told his daughter after the show.
— Wheel of Fortune (@WheelofFortune) February 10, 2022
Sajak in known online to take jabs at Twitter activists, celebrities, and the current state of U.S. culture, including some of the following gems from over the last couple of years:
- February 6, 2022: “One thing you notice when you put Twitter aside for a while and spend your time in real life, is that those things you thought everyone was talking about almost no one is talking about.”
- February 2, 2022: “Over the last two centuries our average height has increased by several inches, our average body temperature has decreased by about a degree, and our skin has gotten ten times thinner.”
- January 24, 2022: “There’s an alarming trend developing in which people are paying less attention to celebrities who are telling them how to live. Please, folks, we have been chosen to be celebrities for a reason. Ignore our experience and our wisdom at your own peril.”
- December 11, 2021: “I’m resigning my position at CNN. I don’t actually work there, so it’s really preemptive.”
- November 22, 2021: “Let’s take a moment to salute those brave Twitter warriors who continue to fight for their causes no matter how bloodied, battered and bruised their typing fingers become.”
- May 16, 2020: “When a disc jockey or a talk show host or a journalist who is being paid to work from his or her home tells people who can’t work, pay bills or pay their rent or mortgage to ‘Stay home and be careful because we’re all in this together,’ it’s okay to question the premise.”
- April 27, 2020: “I hope you understand how difficult this situation is for celebrities. Instead of being pampered and flattered by everyone, we are forced to sit in our homes just like regular people. Please don’t forget about us. Any kind words of support would be appreciated. #AdoptACelebrity”
- April 24, 2020: “No one was recognizing me when I went out wearing a face mask. Had to resort to carrying an 8×10 glossy of myself. Celebrityhood can be challenging.”
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.